Course Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age. No previous training is required.
Course Length: Minimum 8 hours (not including lunch or breaks). Class begins at 8:00 am, please arrive by 7:45 am to fill out necessary paperwork. Class will run until approximately 6:00 pm although depending on class size and ability of students class could run until 7:00 pm or later.
Find course dates, prices details and online registration on our Course Calendar.
Course Description: Armed Missouri, Inc.’s Concealed Carry course exceeds the state mandated criteria described in Chapter 571.111 RSMo. In this course, you will learn:
- Handgun safety in the classroom, at home, on the firing range and while carrying the firearm;
- A physical demonstration performed by the applicant that demonstrated his or her ability to safely load and unload a revolver and a semiautomatic pistol and demonstrated his or her marksmanship with both;
- The basic principles of marksmanship;
- Care and cleaning of concealable firearms;
- Safe storage of firearms at home;
- The requirements of this state for obtaining a certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement from the sheriff of the individual’s county of residence and a concealed carry endorsement issued by the department of revenue;
- The laws relating to firearms as prescribed in chapter 571;
- The laws relating to the justifiable use of force as prescribed in chapter 563, RSMo;
- A live firing exercise of sufficient duration for each applicant to fire each handgun, from a standing position or its equivalent, a minimum of twenty rounds at a distance of seven yards from a B-27 silhouette target or an equivalent target;
- A live fire test administered to the applicant while the instructor was present of twenty rounds from a standing position or its equivalent at a distance from a B-27 silhouette target, or an equivalent target, of seven yards with each handgun.
The use of firearms and ammunition is included in the price for this class. You don’t need to have your own gun.