Prerequisites: AMI’s Dynamic Defensive Pistol or equivalent defensive firearms training course is required.
Course Length: 8 – 10 hours. Expect to spend the entire day on the range.
Find course dates, prices, details, and online registration on our Course Calendar.
- Personal Handgun: The firearm should be of modern design, use centerfire ammunition, be clean, serviceable, and with all factory safety devices intact and in proper working order. It is HIGHLY recommended that you bring a semi-automatic firearm as you will be doing a lot of reloading during this class. Revolvers are allowed but their use is discouraged. It is also recommended that you bring a spare firearm with the same accompanying accessories if possible.
- Ammunition: Minimum of 300 rounds (400 recommended) of ammunition for your handgun.
- Holster: A strong side belt holster that properly fits your handgun. Shoulder holsters, cross-draw holsters, ankle holsters, and fanny packs may not be used.
- Magazines & Speedloaders: Three magazines or speedloaders (if you’re using a revolver) with belt pouches are required.
- Clothing: A sturdy belt, a brimmed hat, and adequate clothing for the weather as appropriate.
- Other Equipment: Either shooting muffs or earplugs and some type of glasses are required.